Left to right: Shane, Anna, Naomi, Daniel, Heather, Joel
- Born in Tully 1966
- Family: Married to Heather with four beautiful children – Anna, Joel, Daniel and Naomi.
- Employed by Qld Rail from 1983 to 2004—fettler; welder; plant operator; bridge, concrete and flying gangs
- Represented Queensland in under 15’s, under 18’s and under 21’s and Australia in under 19’s.
- Played 13 A grade games for North Queensland and 90 first grade games for Redcliffe.
- 1996 Charters Towers Miners A-grade Premiers.
- Runner up in Brisbane A-grade grand finals in 1987 (Redcliffe v Brothers).
- Member of the Charters Towers Qld Rail silver spike rail race team that won the state titles in 1997, 1998 and 1999.
Interests & Involvements
- Family, all sports, camping, fishing, shooting.
- Church, disability support groups, Lions
- Owner of small pastoral property north west of Charters Towers.
- Elected Member for Charters Towers, February 2004.
- Re-elected September 2006, subsequently elected Member for Dalrymple in 2009 and 2012.
- Held Opposition portfolio for Communities & Disabilities and Opposition portfolio for Mines & Energy.
- Travel Safe Committee; Economic Development Committee
- 385 speeches and 392 Questions on Notice over 10 years representing rural Queensland.
- 46 Petitions
- Current member on Infrastructure, Planning and Natural Resource Committee (27 March 2015
- Parliamentary Whip, Katter’s Australian Party: 29 Nov 2012 – 30 Jan 2015
- Member, Agriculture, Resources and Environment Committee: 18 May 2012 – 6 Jan 2015
- Member, Economic Development Committee: 23 Apr 2009 – 16 Jun 2011
- Assisting the Leader in North Queensland: 29 Oct 2007 – 5 Apr 2009
- Member, Estimates Committee D: 2007 – 2007
- Shadow Minister for Mines and Energy: 21 Sep 2006 – 29 Jan 2008
- Parliamentary Secretary to the Shadow Minister for Northern Development: 28 Sep 2005 – 7 Nov 2005
- Member, Estimates Committee F: 2005 – 2005
- Shadow Minister for Communities and Disabilities: 8 Mar 2004 – 27 Sep 2005
- Member, Select Committee on Travelsafe: 19 Aug 2004 – 15 Aug 2006
- Member, Committee of the Legislative Assembly: 2 Jun 2015 – 18 Feb 2016
Prior to election to State Parliament, Railway Welder – Queensland Rail and Owner small Pastoral Property.
Community Involvement – Teen Challenge; Future Farmers; Lions Club; Church and Disability Support Groups; Toastmasters; Chamber of Commerce; Land Care; Futures Group; Charters Towers Rugby League; Thornborough College Past Students Association.
Shane passionately believes that there is a real need for a shift in focus away from the south-east corner to bring rural and regional Queensland back to its former glory.